This week I want to give a shout out to Cinnamon Essential Oil. I absolutely love the smell of cinnamon and I love the taste even more! We are not talking about the fake cinnamon – cassia, this is the real stuff! Opening the bottle and taking a whiff just reminds me of fall and holidays. It also reminds me of those red hot candies when I was kid.
First lets start with how great cinnamon essential oil is shall we? Some of my favorite benefits are:
- Supports healthy metablic function
- May promote healthy circulation
- Maintains healthy immune system
- Naturally repels insects
Cinnamon has been long used to flavor food and for its internal health benefits. It is also used in mouth rinses and toothpastes for a healthy mouth.
Next are some ways you can use Cinnamon essential oil. Give these a try:
- During the winter months, dilute with a carrier oil to create a warming massage for cold, achy joints.
- Place two to three drops in a spray bottle with water for a quick and effective cleaning spray
- Place one to two drops in a veggie cap to maintain a healthy immune system.
- Place one drop of cinnamon essential oil in hot water or tea and drink slowly to soothe your irritated throat.
- This is also a great oil to diffuse, it is fabulous!
Speaking from personal experience this oil is a hot oil so use with a carrier oil before applying to skin. I’m not kidding! 🙂
This oil is one of my favorites, although I feel like I say that with all my essential oils. What can I say, I love my oils! How do you like to use cinnamon essential oil?