Not only does lavender essential oil smell wonderful, but it does some pretty amazing things. Lavender has been used for centuries for its unmistakable aroma and its many therapeutic benefits. It is most known for its soothing properties, helping you relax from whatever stress is ailing you.You can use lavender topically to help reduce muscle tension or you can inhale it to help promote relaxation for a restful night’s sleep. Some of the primary benefits from using Lavender are: helps skin recover quickly, soothes occasional skin irritation, ease muscle tension, and used for its calming and relaxing qualities. Below you will find a list of some of my favorite uses of lavender essential oil.
1. Apply on a burn. Provides relief and promotes healing. This also works for sunburns too.
2. Rub some lavender oil on the back of your neck and temples to help relief the occasional head pain.
3. Diffuse lavender oil at bedtime to help promote better sleep.
4. Use 2 drops of lavender, peppermint, and lemon oil to help with seasonal allergies
5. Use with a carrier oil for diaper rashes.
6. Mix lavender oil with water in a spray bottle to help neutralizer bad odors in the air.
7. Pregnant and have an itchy tummy? Mix lavender oil with coconut oil and apply on your stomach.
8. Apply on a bee sting/mosquito or insect bites, for fast relief and to reduce swelling.
9. Rub Lavender oil on dry or chapped skin.
10. Use on small cuts and scrapes to stop the bleeding and clean the wound.
11. Mix lavender oil with coconut oil to help with acne. Lavender oil has antiseptic properties that can help manage acne.
12. Use topically to help calm and soothe a rash
13. Use lavender oil and Epsom salt in a bath for a relaxing soak. Eases the muscles and reduces stress.
14. Rub lavender oil and tea tree oil diluted behind the ears to help soothe ear aches. Massage with the oils rubbing in a downward motion to help with drainage.
15. Lavender oil can be applied on and around the throat for relief, when you have a scrathy throat.
There are so many more uses you can find using lavender essential oil but these are my
favorite and used in my house. A helpful tip: even though lavender oil is a mild essential oil I always recommend using it with a carrier oil when using topically. Better to be safe than sorry. Also, always test the essential oil on a small part of your skin for senstivity or allergic reactions, before applying to a large area on your body.
What’s your favorite use for Lavender essential oil?