Its winter, which means it’s cold outside and cold and flu season is in full swing! I don’t know about you, but I am a little paranoid about sending my kids to school or my husband to work afraid of what germs they will bring back home to share with the family. Or at least I use to be before essential oils.
We have been a lot healthier this winter. I am not saying we never get sick, but the amount of times and the severity of sickness has definitely improved. Curious on how? Let me introduce to you a must have in my house, Protective Blend Essential Oil. This wonderful blend has a warm and spicy aroma that includes Wild Orange, Clove, Cinnamon, Eucalyptus, and Rosemary essential oils. Protective blend is a natural and effective way to protect you and your family from environmental and seasonal threats. The essential oils it contains are known for their positive effects on the immune system.
The Protective Blend essential oil can be used internally, topically, and aromatically. If you have sensitive skin be sure to dilute it with a carrier oil. I like to use a carrier oil with all of my essential oils to be on the safe side. This is one bottle I make sure we have around our house during the winter months. I use this on mine and my kids bottom of the feet as well as in my diffuser to boost immune systems and purify the air.
Below you will find 52 uses for this wonderful blend so you will know how to use it in your home.
1. Mix with a tbsp of water, gargle for 1 minute then swallow at the on-set of a sore
2. Put 5 drops Oregano and 5 drops Protective Blend in a capsule and take 3 times daily at the on set of cold or flu symptoms.
3. Put on the soles of children’s feet at night during cold & flu season to support immune system (be sure to put cotton socks on after applying the oil).
4. Put several drops in a bowl of hot water and breathe in the vapors as it begins to volatilize when you have lung congestion.
5. Put 50 drops in a spray bottle with 30 oz of distilled water. Shake often and use to sanitize kitchen and bathroom surfaces (cleans great too).
6. Add to your dishwasher for micro clean dishes.
7. Add to your laundry cycle for micro clean clothes.
8. Add to your mop water for cleaner floors.
9. Apply to bee and insect stings to neutralize the toxin and relieve the pain.
10. Gargle and brush daily for healthy teeth and gums and to prevent and treat gum disease.
11. Apply to gums and teeth, or swish with 5 drops of on guard & 1 tbsp of water for pain relief from toothaches and after dental work.
12. Diffuse in homes or business to kill air borne pathogens, inhibit mold and build immune systems.
13. Put a few drops on air filters when changing them to kill pathogens in the duct work.
14. Add to Emergen-C or orange juice to help congestion and fight flu and cold.
15.Put a drop in your mouth and push or squeeze it around to relieve smoking urges. (Enhance with an extra drop or two of clove.)
16. For warts, apply topically, rotating between Oregano & Frankincense.
17. Apply a drop on a pet sore or wound to enhance healing (should also mix with carrier oil).
18. Have the diffuser going in your home when the kids come home to ward off germs.
19. Make a natural anti-biotic blend using the Protective Blend (5 drops), Oregano (4 drops), Frankincense (3 drops), Peppermint (2 drops), and Lemon (1 drop) in a gel cap.
20. Add 15 drops to every cup of corn starch, mix and sprinkle on carpet. Rake carpet, leave for 1 hour, then vacuum for micro clean carpet.
21. Mix 2-3 drops of Protective Blend and 2 drops of lemon Essential Oil with honey or agave in a teaspoon for a cold or cough relief medicine for kids.
22. Gargle with 1 tbsp of water and 1 drop each of Lemon and Protective Blend hourly for laryngitis.
23. Put several drops on the HVAC vents of a hotel room or office to kill airborne pathogens and germs.
24. Mix with baking soda to clean bathtubs.
25. Apply neat to the toes and nails to combat fungus.
26. Combine 2 tbsp of water with 5 drops of Protective Blend in a small glass and store your toothbrush overnight to sanitize.
27. Use a 50/50 mix of Protective Blend and purified water and spray onto oven interior. Leave for 15 minutes, and then wipe away greasy spots.
28. Apply to hands to remove stubborn, sticky substances like tree sap.
29. Add to the water in your vacuum cleaner/steamer to disinfect the carpet.
30. Put a few drops in your vacuum bag to kill pathogens.
31. Put 15 drops in a 6 oz spray bottle, shake and spray rooms, desks, or bed sheets to protect against pathogens.
32. Clean the upholstery and dashboard of your car.
33. Gargle with On Guard and 1 tbsp of water prior speaking engagements or singing performances.
34. Rub on stains as a pre-wash stain remover.
35. Add 3 drops to your tooth brush and brush every day for a healthy mouth and to prevent cavities, gum disease.
36. Apply to teeth that have been damaged or broken to help them heal.
Make a Protective Blend spray with 15 drops for every 6 oz of purified water, use the spray for:
37. Wipe doorknobs and other things touched by the public.
38. Wipe dirty piano keys to clean and disinfect.
39. Use to clean children’s hands when traveling.
40. Use on the steering wheel and gearshift of your vehicle.
41. Use on public telephones to remove germs.
42. Use on public computer keyboards and mice.
43. Use as an underarm deodorant.
44. Spray on hands before and after shaking hands with a lot of people.
45. Spray in public restrooms on airplanes to reduce airborne bacteria.
46. Carry for protection in countries with cholera, malaria or dysentery.
47. Use as an air freshener for cooking odors or other unwanted smells.
48. Take to the gym and spray all the equipment you use.
49. Take to the supermarket and use to disinfect shopping cart handles.
50.Use in the classroom for desks, tables and other items handled by children.
51. Spray in your mouth and throat at first onset of cold or bronchitis.
52. Spray on shower stalls and bathroom walls to disinfect and remove mold.
There are products already made with Protective Blend in it that you can buy, such as: Toothpaste, soft gels, beadlets, laundry detergent, multipurpose cleaner, hand wash, and protecting throat drops.
Looking for ways to get those toxic chemicals out of your house? Look no further!
If you are interested in buying some of these products or the Protective Blend Essential Oil please email me at pam@dropsofnourishment so I can give you the details.